Piano-ology is so much more than a collection of music and piano lessons...
Piano-ology is not a “method”. It’s a huge multi-media library of know-how and learn-by-doing lessons that cover the entire range of things you need to master if you want to play like an artist.
Piano-ology is an unflinching rejection of all pedantic teaching methods–and dispels many widespread myths about music-making and piano practice.
Piano-ology demystifies the many things that make music seem harder than it really is.
Piano-ology instills the attitudes, knowledge, and habits you need in order to become your own best teacher!
Piano-ology is for you if…
- You are a self-motivated STUDENT who desires to study music for the right reasons: love of life and the love of people.
- You are a self-motivated TEACHER who wants to deepen their practice and share their love of music with others.
- You LOVE music. You do not even have to be a piano player. Musicians and artists of all kinds will discover universal musical and life lessons here.
- You know that “overnight success” is a myth–that real SUCCESS requires love, work, and discipline.
- You are tired of being a “BEGINNER”. Despite all your dedication and hard work, you feel frustrated by painfully slow progress and feel like you haven’t really mastered anything.
- You know that there is an ARTIST inside you, despite being told that you are “untalented”.
- You are an accomplished player who wants to take their playing to the NEXT LEVEL.
If you can sway to the rhythm and be moved by a beautiful melody, you are already musical. You already possess the raw materials to play at a level far beyond anything you’ve ever dreamed possible. All you need is the love of music, the will to study, and expert guidance from someone who’s been there.
What does Piano-ology Teach?
Built upon a solid foundation of musical subject matter expertise and proven educational psychology principles, Piano-ology immerses you in a holistic process of discovery that touches upon all aspects of music-making. Topics include:
- HOW YOUR BRAIN WORKS… a practical guide to using the very organ that we are trying to change in the process of learning!
- HOW TO STUDY-PRACTICE… a short list of simple habits that make learning fun, fast, and enduring.
- HOW MUSIC WORKS… a deep understanding of how form, meter, tonality, scales, chords, and chord progressions all work together to make music tick!
- HOW TO COMPOSE & IMPROVISE… Hint: it’s a lot easier than you think!
- HOW YOUR BODY WORKS (Technique)… how to use the natural abilities of your body to play any musical pattern with physical and mental ease.
- HOW TO PERFORM USING YOUR MUSICAL MIND… developing your innate musical intelligence so that will liberate the artist trapped inside you.
- HOW TO MANAGE PERFORMANCE ANXIETY… transforming something to dread to something to celebrate and look forward to!
- and so much more!
How does Piano-ology Teach?
Piano-ology immerses you in a variety of transformational experiences that will excite and nurture all aspects of your being: body, mind, & spirit.
Piano-ology teaches you the fundamental building blocks of music by explaining not just what they are but what they do.
Piano-ology teaches you to think and hear in musically useful patterns–musical grammar and vocabulary that will enable you to “speak” the language of music.
Piano-ology shows you how to use all four musical intelligences: ears, intellect, eyes, and muscles.
Piano-ology immerse you in a process where theory and practice are always aligned with each other–and aligned with musical reality.
Piano-ology teaches you how to study-practice the right things the right way–so that learning is enjoyable, fast, and enduring.
Piano-ology is a journey of self-discovery that will enable you to play with more confidence, conviction, and artistry–and help you to realize that you are more capable than you’ve ever imagined.
Piano-ology is infused with a healthy emotional approach that allows you to enjoy the process of learning without self-condemnation and fear.
Piano-ology is a celebration of one of the greatest joys of being human–mastery of something of value that once seemed beyond one’s reach.
Finally, Piano-ology is one man’s conviction that knowledge belongs to everyone–and should be freely available to anyone who seeks it. And so, Piano-ology is 100% FREE and open to the world–no passwords, no subscriptions, no clickbait, no advertising, no strings attached!