Eighth a series that will progressively develop your Jazz Blues comping chops…
- Two-fisted five-note voicings in syncopated rhythm.
- Left Hand = Root+b7 or Root+3
- Right Hand = b7 or 3 on bottom, color tone (either 9 or 13) in the middle, Root or 5 on top… all connected by voice leading.
- Don’t forget to swing the eighth notes!
- Be sensitive to the 3-phase Blues form.
- Be aware of the underlying 4 beat pulse in each bar.
- Adjust the shape of your right hand to naturally fit the shape of each chord.
- No flams between left and right hand.
- Used a prepared attack and let gravity to the work.