Sixth in a series that will progressively develop your Jazz Blues comping chops…
- Two-fisted four-note voicings in syncopated rhythm.
- Right Hand. Definitive tones (3,b7) + a color tone (either 9 or 13) all connected by voice leading.
- Don’t forget to swing the eighth notes!
- Be sensitive to the 3-phase Blues form.
- Be aware of the underlying 4 beat pulse in each bar.
- Adjust the shape of your right hand to naturally fit the shape of each chord.
- No flams between left and right hand.
- Used a prepared attack and let gravity to the work.