Fifth in a series that will progressively develop your Jazz Blues comping chops…
- Left Hand: Chord roots played in steady quarter notes.
- Right Hand. An inversion of the right hand from Etude #4, definitive tones (3,b7) of each chord connected by voice leading, in a 2-bar syncopated rhythm.
- Don’t forget to swing the eighth notes!
- Be sensitive to the 3-phase Blues form.
- Be aware of the underlying 4 beat pulse in each bar.
- Adjust the shape of your right hand to naturally fit the shape of each chord.
- No flams between left and right hand.
- Used a prepared attack and let gravity to the work.