Your brain is not a single organ…
Your brain is a complex collection of electro-chemical structures that perform an amazing variety of emotional, cognitive, sensory, and motor functions…
- Some parts of your brain perceive the world around you, giving the ability to see, hear, smell, taste, and feel.
- Some move your many body parts.
- Some process language that enter your ears; others process language that exits your mouth.
- Some count numbers, some remember stories.
- Some perceive shapes, others see colors.
- Some perceive edges, other perceive orientations and movements.
- Some parts are logical; some are intuitive.
- Some remember a phone number for just a short time; others remember your ABCs for a lifetime.
- Some remember faces; others remember beautiful melodies.
- Some help different parts share information with each other.
- Some work together to integrate parts into wholes.
- Some trigger your fight, flight, or freeze responses.
- Some can imagine things… allowing us to “see” with your eyes closed or to “hear” with no sound entering your ears.
- Can you think of some more?
Don’t worry about the details right now. The takeaway is this: You have an incredibly powerful and versatile tool called a brain at your disposal. And if you learn how it works and how to use it, you will enjoy a lifetime of fun and efficient learning, guaranteed!