The simultaneous mixture of major and minor tonalities is huge part of the Gospel vocabulary derived from the Blues…
Enjoy this definitive example…
- Don’t fuss over the names of the chords. Is the first chord a Cm7? How about Eb/C? Who cares?
- The dotted 1/8th and 1/32nd note pair are only an approximation of the actual time. It’s not about counting, but about the syncopated feel!
- Don’t try to explain these delicious gospel harmonies and rhythm using classical musical theory.
- Use your knowledge of scales and chords to decode and encode the patterns by sound, visio-spatial layout on the keyboard, and physical execution.
- Practice in all keys you want to master.