Third in a series of “bread & butter” Boogie Woogie comping patterns…
This pattern consists of a double chop 1-5>1-5>b3-3 thing in the left hand with syncopated chord voicings you already know in the right…
(1) Don’t forget to swing the 1/8th notes (anywhere between straight 1/8th and a shuffle, depending on the tempo, your mood, and the groove you want to establish)
(2) The rhythm and technique is primary embedded in your arm motions.
(3) 0nce you establish a groove and phrasing, stay with it!
(4) Don’t be shy. Play like you mean it!
(5) It’s crucial to keep the left hand pumping away and to keep the momentum going across each bar line.