Second in a series of “bread & butter” Boogie Woogie comping patterns…
This pattern consists of a bouncing 1-1-b3-3-5-5-6-5 in the left hand with right hand chord voicings you already know…
(1) Don’t forget to swing the 1/8th notes (anywhere between straight 1/8th and a shuffle, depending on the tempo, your mood, and the groove you want to establish)
(2) The rhythm and technique is primary embedded in your arm motions.
(3) 0nce you establish a groove and your phrasing, stay with it!
(4) Don’t be shy. Play like you mean it!
(5) Don’t try to count or force the in-between notes. Just let them fall naturally into the groove.
(6) Never stop moving!
(7) It’s crucial to keep the rhythm flowing across each bar line and to hit the first beat in each bar with conviction.